I get calls every week from people wanting bids for mowing their lawn. I often hear comments about how another provider is cheaper. That is when I start asking questions. Did you know if an employee is injured on your property and the employer does not carry workman’s comp you could be liable for the damages.
The old saying, “You get what you pay for” is often very true. Many lower priced providers skip on the essentials. Here is a checklist to ask the next time you are hiring a lawn company or any other service company that is working on your property.
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Do you carry workman’s comp insurance on all employees and if you use sub-contractors do they carry the same coverage?
- Do you employees wear uniforms while working?
- Are they allowed to smoke or use profane language while working?
- When do you invoice and is all work itemized on the invoice with dates of service?
- If I have a problem with the work who will help me fix it?
At Dynamic Earth we are covered on all these questions and more. We also change our blades daily to make sure your grass has a clean cut every time! The service schedule is the same every week so you know when we will be there. If you have a pet that need to be inside or a gate unlocked you can do it the same day each week.
So next time you are looking for a mowing provider don’t just look at the price. Make sure they pass the cut!
We proudly serve the following Cities: Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Olathe, Overland Park, Mission Hills, Prairie Village, Waldo, Brookside, Kansas City, and Parkville.